Saturday, May 2, 2015

Daring Secrets for How to Actually Dump a Woman

When the one you love dumps you and you did not see it coming, it feels like the end of the world. ~Magi Aata

Recently, a woman friend in her early 30’s asked me how to get rid of a lover she had determined was no longer good for her. She had determined that their connection had no future. She needed a way out.

I thought about the women I knew when I was single that I had to excuse. I shared with her my daring secrets for how to actually dump a woman when I found it necessary.

  • Ignore them and act as if you do not know them.
  • Email your lover saying, “I am being arrested for murder. Police may come looking for you. Run.”
  • Text your lover saying, “Drug deal went bad. They are coming for me. I told them my boyfriend would be handling them.”
  • Show up at your lover’s door and say, “I should have told you before we started having unprotected sex. I cannot hide this from you anymore. I am HIV Positive.”
  • Call your lover and demand that you get married immediately because you are pregnant from a one-night stand with someone else.
  • Plan an expensive date your lover will pick up the tab for and do not show. Call and say sorry, you forgot.
  • Go to your lover’s job. Scream going off the deep end complaining about their drug addiction.
  • Tell them after a lot of thought; prayer and meditation, you are going into the convent.
  • Get a restraining order, or
  • You could tell the truth.
If none of that works, I told her she could what my first heartbreaker did to me. The letter arrived early May 1971 while I was in Basic Training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. The letter read.

Dear Oscar:

You are gone for a month. I have had time to think. I am supposed to enlist in the Air Force in two weeks as we planned so we can get married and travel the world together.

I make this quick. I changed my mind. I do not love you anymore. I am sorry.

Pam

The best-case scenario to end a relationship can happen in person. If you are done, inform them you are done. Move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment